Learn all about the Jewish festival of Shavuot in this fun, fact-filled guide for kids aged 4–10.
Discover the history, traditions, and foods of Shavuot, and find out how it is celebrated today by children just like you.
- Learn the history of Shavuot: how the Jewish people received their holy book – the Torah – and became a nation.
- Learn what Jewish people do on Shavuot – including why they stay up ALL night and eat lots of cheesecake!
- Make a Shavuot cheesecake and decorate it with your own inventive toppings.
- Practise your Shavuot greetings.
- Get creative with some fun Shavuot crafts.
Perfect for children aged 4–10, What is Shavuot? is an informative, engaging introduction to the Jewish festival of Shavuot, which is usually celebrated in June. With lively, easy-to-read text, fact-filled captions, and beautiful pictures, this book will answer all of your child's questions about this holiday.
Paperback, 25 Pages