*Zoom in where available by hovering over the image above.
You Are the Earth
Know Your World So You Can Help Make It Better
by Dr. David Suzuki and Kathy Vanderlinden, illus. by Wallace Edwards
Since You Are the Earth was first published in 1999, there has been a dramatic rise in concern about the environment. Through media, the Internet, and school, kids today are more aware of issues such as climate change, pollution, and energy shortages as well as recycling and other conservation measures.
This revised and updated edition of You Are the Earth includes:
- an expanded discussion of leading environmental issues
- information on new environmental technologies
- more ways kids can protect the environment
- new sidebars offering facts, tips, and examples of what kids can do to be more green
- completely new, full-colour art by award-winning children's artist Wallace Edwards
Paperback, 144 pages. Published by Greystone Books and the David Suzuki Foundation, 2010.